WASTE TRAP REPAIR EXPERTS IN THE LOS ANGELES AREA
Waste Trap Types and Uses
Ritz Plumbing ensures all plumbing installations are fitted with a waste trap. A waste trap is a device used to prevent sewer gases from entering an apartment or building. Waste traps are either installed within or below a plumbing fixture and holds small amounts of water. The water that is retained in the plumbing fixture creates a water seal that prevents bad gases from going back up into an apartment from the drain pipes. All plumbing fixtures are fitted with waste traps such as bathtubs, toilets, wash basins and sinks etc. A waste trap can be a separate fitting, which is known as an attached trap, which is attached to a wastewater outlet such as sinks and drains. A waste trap can also be an integral trap already attached to an appliance. When installing a waste trap:
Call (888) 757-7489 Now for Fast, Reliable Service!
- The waste trap should be self-cleaning
- When used for domestic purposes should be convenient for washing
- Under all conditions of flow the waste trap should maintain an efficient water seal
The Types of Waste Traps Available
- Plumbing waste trap – these traps of made from materials such as PVC or cast iron. Plumbing traps are used with Indian water closets. Plumbing traps prevent foul smells entering back up into buildings as they have a water seal
- Gully waste trap – a gully waste trap is constructed outside of a building and caries the waste water from bathrooms, sinks and wash basins, and is connected to the nearest sewer in order to prevent gases from coming into a building. Gully waste traps are deep seal traps, and also prevent any insects or cockroaches entering into the sewer
- Intercepting waste trap – is situated at the last main hole in a sewerage system and prevents any bad gases entering from public sewers to building sewers
- Grease trap, liquid trap – collects the grease contents from waste and washing can be done from the surface of the waste trap. This type of waste trap is mainly used in food processing units
- Water seal – unless waste traps retain their seals they become useless. Seals break due to evaporation, air compressions and momentum. All waste traps contain water seals. In various sanitary appliances, the depth of the water seal for a floor trap should be 50mm and in a water closet 50mm. In addition there are also S waste traps, Nahini traps, bottle traps and Q waste traps
Why Is a Grease Trap and Liquid Trap Necessary?
A grease trap prevents the discharge of grease, fats and oils from clogging public sewage lines as well as penetrating into public water resources. There are various different grease trap sizes for different plumbing systems.
Call (888) 757-7489 Now for Fast, Reliable Service!
How Does a Grease Trap and Liquid Trap Work?
The grease trap has two chambers. Grease is cooled down in the one chamber and then solidifies. Once solidified the grease floats to the top of the chamber leaving other liquid at the bottom. Water and liquid are sent to the second chamber, leaving all the fat and grim to float on top of the first chamber. Grease traps are normally installed near three-compartment sinks, dishwashers and wherever foods and grease deposits are common.
Why Would You Need Ritz Plumbing Services?
Ritz Plumbing has licensed plumbers that are on 24/7 standby to resolve any type of plumbing problems or type of drain-cleaning. When people experience a clogged sink or clogged sewers, these need to be cleared immediately. Ritz plumbers are honest, reliable and affordable and have built a sound reputation over the past years.
If you have a grease trap and liquid trap that is malfunctioning and needs washing Ritz plumbers are well experienced in washing grease traps. In addition Ritz Plumbers are up-front and offer customers the best quality and as well as the best pricing and also have hundreds of customer referrals. Ritz’s specialty is washing and unclogging drains in an experienced manner.
Bear in mind that plumbers that have no experience can cause more damage to your drain system. Ritz Plumbing offers their customers a variety of drain cleaning processes and techniques such as yard irrigation pipe locating, toilet drains and sink drains, sewer line location, grain snaking, water line location and water Jett service as well as many other specialized plumbing requirements.
All the Ritz plumbers carry their plumbing parts when called out which saves the customer time and money. They carry a variety of tools such as plumbing products, plumbing pipes, plumbing parts, plumbing valves, plumbing sewer line fittings and other important plumbing tools that will ensure that any size job is completed when called out.
Ritz plumbers can service your call 24/7 as they specialize in drain cleaning and emergency plumbing and will respond to your call immediately. When it comes to detecting leaks Ritz uses electronic equipment and video cameras that are sound-sensitive and can detect leaks, and visual pipe inspection is done via the video cameras.
In addition there is also a liquid waste program in place whereby inspections are being conducted on grease trap and liquid-trap generating facilities such as food service establishments and restaurants. Ritz plumbers will asses such grease traps and make sure that they comply with the stipulated government requirements. Waste haulers and transporters are also being inspected with regards their transporting permits and waste dumping permits. Trucks that transport grease trap waste have to have properly maintained tanks, valves, site gauges and hoses.